As the Indian economy gears up for a steep climb in the coming years, real estate will prove to be a fruitful investment option for all foreign investors. As of now, real estate is booming up in all sub-sectors and verticals, and is one of the most lucrative investment options due to its high returns.
NRI Investing in real estate may sound like a simple purchase decision, but it’s more than that. It has become a highly diverse field due to the establishment of various verticals, that have its own benefits. Buying apartments means one thing but investing into commercial spaces becomes a whole different ballgame.
There are various approaches one can take towards spending their budget on real-estate. Creating a plan of action is essential to conduct investments in an organised fashion. A plan that contains a timeline of spends and returns along with a curated portfolio of investment opportunities, will help you navigate across various deals and execute them with proper management. Depending on your approach, you can explore various real estate verticals like commercial, residential townships, communities etc. You can also choose an investment category according to your budget. Either invest in Urban/metro real estate or go for Sub-urban development projects.
Every opportunity has its own appeal. It’s up to you to deem it worthy of your money and efforts. Start planning in advance and prepare a list of properties that you are interested in. This will give you a perspective on how to allocate your budget and move forward accordingly.
Here are 5 tips NRI’s can follow for real estate investments in India :-
- Study taxation structures: Depending on the area or the city you are investing in, the tax and fee structures will differ by a lot. Also, once you decide on the location, the type of property you are investing in will have its own project fee structure. Therefore, it’s essential to understand the city/area limits under which your property is built and study the tax and fee structure for the same, before finalizing any deals.
- Diversify your portfolio: Investing in more than one vertical is always beneficial for an investor as the demands for every vertical differ from time to time. When there is a surge in prices for one, the other may witness a fall. So it’s best not to put all your eggs in one basket.
- Explore all markets: Sometimes, even if you are decided on what you want to invest in, exploring new markets will shed light on opportunities that may have more potential and suit better with your plan. Also, it allows you to best understand how to utilize your resources in the fullest of capacity.
- Always do site visits: Site visits give you the ground reality of every on-going or completed project. Many a time, projects are facing issues unknown to its buyers as they are not communicated to them. This may undermine all your planning efforts and could even incur losses as the project may not be able to produce any returns at all. Once you are content with the progress/status of the project, you can then process your transactions as it eliminates any scope for mishaps or troubles.
- Get a sense of the market: Following up on news articles about Indian real estate will only give you information from a generic perspective that may or may not be biased. It best to speak with people or experts working in the market so that you can get a true sense of how things are going to pan out for your investments.
BramhaCorp is a prominent leader in the Pune market with over 3 decades of experience, and is established in 3 major verticals; Realty, Commercial and Hospitality. BramhaCorp’s way of building properties incorporates the idea of bringing rich experiences to life. It offers its investors and residents a unique and personalized product that holds a long-lasting value. Over our time in the market, we have diversified our portfolio beyond the ordinary norms of real estate and have built properties that serve as a beacon of progress for today’s modern developments.