Vastu, means ‘house’ and shastra is science. Together, Vastu Shastra is the science of arranging the five natural elements i.e. earth, water, fire, air and sky in complete harmony in your living/working place to add positive energy for the people staying in it.
As per traditional beliefs, each house has its own energy type. Once a person starts living in a house, he comes under the influence of that energy. But with the upcoming culture of societies and townships, where changes related to architecture is not possible, we can apply several Vastu remedies to ensure that our house remains blessed.
Following are top 10 Vastu tips for your home which can bring equilibrium to the natural elements of the house:
1) Light lamp/diyas every morning and evening at home. This acts as a cleanser and removes all the negativity.
2) If there is a naked wall at the entrance of your house, place a statue/picture of Ganesha. A naked wall represents loneliness and doing so will conceal its effects.
3) Placing a family photograph in the south-west direction preferably in yellow/golden frame is good for healthy family bond and relations.
4) Try maintaining maximum distance between gas and sink. The kitchen plays a major role in determining the relationship in a family.
5) Place green plants in the east direction for healthy relationship and positivity in home.
6) If you have a dressing table/wardrobe mirror in the bedroom, ensure it is kept away from the bed since as per Vastu, it leads to ill health and family discords.
7) Place salt bowls in the corners of your house. Salt helps in absorbing all negative energy and is a natural healer.
8) Avoid keeping medicines in the kitchen; it attracts negative energy as kitchen indicates health and happiness.
9) Hang metal bells at your gate. It is believed that the tinkling of bells breaks energy patterns and helps in the inflow of positivity.
10) Lastly, perform Ganesh puja or Navagraha puja at least once in three years. This will help to do away with the Vastu dosha of the house.
So go ahead and make your home a peaceful dwell for you and your loved ones.